Rockhopper Comp 29Starting at $1,099
The Rockhopper is a time-tested XC hardtail built for cruising fire roads and slicing through singletrack. Equipped with Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic disc brakes and a custom-tuned SR Suntour suspension fork with lockout, the Rockhopper Comp 29er combines performance with value in a package every rider will appreciate.
Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er Hardtail Features
- Fully butted M4 alloy frame with 29er trail geometry for better control, leverage, and bump performance, plus singlespeed-compatible dropouts and sliders
- Custom-tuned 29″ SR Suntour suspension fork with hydraulic damping and proprietary Spike Valve, lockout with lightweight magnesium lowers, and alloy steerer deliver the supple ride qualities of a high-end fork
- Light and durable double-walled Rockhopper 29″ wheelset is tough enough to handle the rough stuff
- Specialized The Captain Sport tires lend a perfect knob pattern for diverse conditions
- Shimano crankset with forged alloy arms and sealed cartridge bearing, Octalink-splined BB interface means greater durability, better shifting performance and ease of maintenance
- Double-butted, flat alloy handlebar designed for navigating singletrack terrain
- Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic disc brake with G2 Clean Sweep rotors provide simple, powerful, and dependable stopping power
- Shimano Deore Shadow 9-speed rear derailleur and Rapidfire trigger shifters for reliable, high-end performance
- Shimano 9-speed, 11-34t cassette offers gearing options for a variety of terrain types
Rockhopper riders want a light and capable mountain bike for cruising open fire roads, attacking a sweet stretch of flowy singletrack, or even the occasional weekend event. Since these riders are often enthusiasts looking to get more serious about mountain biking, they’re concerned with quality, reliability, and performance, but also a good value.